So, I've decided to make Mondays my official weigh-in. As you can see from my ticker, I'm down another 1.5lbs from my post-op appt last Wednesday. That makes a total of 16lbs lost. yippee! It also got me doing a little math in my head. hmmmm.....My goal is to lose 80lbs which means I'm 20% of the way there. Now that is starting to sound impressive.
I can start solids today. Glad to be back to "normal" food but concerned about it, too. Obviously, the mushies stage has been good to me (hell, I've already lost 20% of goal, people!) & I haven't had any incidents with the band either. knock on wood. A few feelings of fullness in the middle of my back when I eat more than about a cup but that's it. Right now, I 'm pretty good about getting 65g+ of protein, carbs bounce around between 50 & 100g and calories average 800-900 per day. Still struggling to get 64oz of water in, tho'. I expect those numbers to rise now that I'm on solids and no restriction yet. Drs goal is to maintain weight until first fill. My first fill is scheduled for Feb 2. Groundhog Day.
While I'm in this transition, I thought it was time to put together a list of what I want from this banded journey. 16 points, of course, and in no particular order..
1. weigh less than my husband (he's 6'4" & weighs in at 206)
2. get my blood pressure down to normal
3. get my cholesterol down to normal
4. cross my knees & be able to cross my ankles
5. wear something sleeveless
6. strong enough to pick up my daughter
7. sexier clothes
8. more professional appearance
9. get snowshoes
10. not be the fattest person in the room - especially when I travel internationally
11. get my period back
12. lose the pain in ankles, knees, hips, low back
13. smaller boobs
14. go on a bicycling tour of Europe with my husband when I'm 40
15. be able to take of my daughter for a very long time
16. food as fuel not substituted for a friend or as solace
and a bonus for the next pound....
17. re-invent myself - again!