tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, January 24, 2011

I weigh less than my husband

Official weigh-in today:  204.8lbs
Down 3.6lbs from last week.  :)
This is a major milestone for me, my friends!  For the first time in better than 5 years, I now weigh less than my DH.

A few other milestones last week, too.  I Zumba'd for the first time & it was a blast!!!  A good friend of mine took me to her gym & I have to say I really liked it.  The place was huge, open, bright, airy and it did not smell like a gym.  I went back for a "Chisel" strength training class Sunday & I believe I'm going to join.  who'da thunk it??

In fact, there is a whole list of things I did not have as a fat girl but I've been amassing since surgery: gym membership, scale and athletic shoes.   Still no full length mirror but I think my hubs is working on something.....

A few notes from the cooking front..
I made this Curried Shrimp & Mango Soup last night.  Hubs really liked it.  I think I'll make a few tweaks next time...chop the shrimp into bite size pieces & (not a huge fan of mango) sub in some pineapple.  Definitely a repeater.

Also, made this Slow-Roasted-Halibut-with-Shaved-Asparagus-and-Fennel-Salad.  It was ok.  Not my fav & probably not worthy of a spot in the recipe rotation.

Looking ahead, this week brings new challenges.  I go back out on the road this week.  I travelled a bunch last year & its one thing I'm quite concerned about is how to manage eating well & following the rules when I'm far from home.  First test this week - I'll let you know how it goes.

cheers,
chloe

No comments: