Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Sorry, folks, that I have been MIA but I've been away on vaca :)
We spent last week up in Breckenridge with my husband's brother & his family. No weigh-in last week but here is yesterday's stats:
Monday weigh-in: 164.2lbs
down 1lb in 2 weeks
Considering the good, bad & ugly of my trip - a measly 1 lb loss is not terribly impressive......so let's start with the good..
- Breck does not suck. It is absolutely beautiful up there - even with a lot of snow still on the peaks. (People were still skiing over at A-basin on 4th of July. crazy!) Plus its less than 2hours from my house...nice to go on a trip where I don't have to get on a plane.
- I hadn't seen my in-laws in about 2 years. They were very complimentary & effusive in their praise. So sweet & nice to hear!
- My nieces, 10 & 13, have never been to Colorado or seen the mountains before. A little strange to me since its my daily view but it was fun to see this amazing place through fresh eyes. Another reminder how lucky I am to live in this beautiful state.
- I was active every day. No lounging by the pool sipping drinks for me anymore. I WANT to be out doing things. this is new for me. We stayed at a nice place downtown & I hit the elliptical every morning for about 45min. Plus we did a lot of walking, some hiking & even went horseback riding. When my husband & I got back to Denver, we went out & did my first hill climb bike ride. My 67-mile race is less than 2 months away & I need to get ready.
- Shopping! I did another closet purge and let me tell you its getting to be slim pickings in there!!! Especially summer wear because I haven't worn shorts in a very long time. On one of the rainy afternoons, I hit the outlet malls. It was SO great! Its still a very novel experience to grab a bunch of mediums & 10s off the rack, have them fit & also have them look good! I hit up Eddie Bauer for shorts & casual tops and everything I tried on looked so cute. it was such a strange experience. Before this, I would grab the largest size I could & take home whatever didn't look wretched. Now, its a matter of picking out the cutest of the cute. NSV - it was probably the most fun shopping trip I've ever done :)
Now for the bad....
- My band was sooooo tight. Denver is at 5300ft elevation, Breck is at 9600ft elevation. We also spent a lot of time hiking & 4x4ing at 11-12,000ft. I could totally a feel the difference. I did pack a lot of my own food so I had protein shakes, nuts, bars, etc but only a few nibbles here & there.
- Eating in public. I did not tell my in-laws about the band & I was definitely getting some strange looks when we went out to eat and I barely touched my food. Thankfully, we weren't with them 24x7 so my SIL couldn't inspect everything I ate.
- Daily PBs. ick! ugh!
- Even after returning home, it still feels really tight. Sunday, I PB'd everything solid I ate....scrambled eggs, trail mix & shrimp. gross, gross, gross
So, I'm back to liquids & mushies for a few days to see if everything calms down. Given how little I actually consumed, you can see why 1lb loss is so disappointing.
Back to work - its been absolutely crazy since getting back to the office. Oh, how I love vaca......